What is Custom CNC Machining
Custom CNC machining refers to manufacturing metal or plastic parts using computer numerical control machines such as a cnc mill and cnc-lathe to produce parts with complex shapes and precise dimensions. This type of machining can be used in many industries, including aerospace, automotive, and electronics. This process can produce parts with complex shapes and precise dimensions.
How It Works
CNC machining requires a digitised computer. It is done by using a CAD file that automates, controls, and monitors the machine’s movement. The computer is usually installed inside large industrial plants.
The type of CNC machine will determine the exact movements the code controls. Let’s take a deeper look at it in various steps.
- The CNC machine will first install the CAD model/program.
- Next, the data is processed preparing the set commands for the driving system.
- The driver system now monitors the CNC machine’s commands and controls the speed and motion of the machine.
- The feedback system then measures velocity and position and sends them to the MCU on the CNC machine.
- The last process, a display unit, displays the program, commands, and other important data. This unit is also known as the “eye of the system.”
What is the cost of custom CNC machining?
The cost of custom CNC machining depends on many factors, including the complexity of the design, raw material costs, machine type, time required per unit, order quantity, and surface treatment.
- Raw Material
- Machining Time
- Surface Treatment
The Main CNC Machining Materials
CNC Machining can produce many materials, including rapid prototypes and large-scale production. The most common materials for CNC machined parts are metal and plastic.
- Aluminium Alloy
- Stainless Steel
- Brass/ Cooper
- Delrin (POM)
CNC Surface Finishing with Machining
Polyflex offers a high-quality surface finishing service like fibre laser engraving or any method to make equipment. Their skilled professionals can handle all aspects of finishing work. They ensure your goods will be of the highest quality. For a fast and accurate quote, contact their customer service team at +61 7 3284 2799 if you want a flawless finish on your prototypes or other manufactured components.