Are you thinking of getting new window treatments for your home?
From roller shades to shutters, there are many treatments you can choose from, but the variety can also pose a problem. Each covering has distinct characteristics and features, so it can be hard to choose the perfect one.
One way to determine which window treatment is best is to compare its pros and cons. This article will show the differences between roller blinds, shades, and exterior shutters.
Roller blinds are made from a fabric material attached to a roller. There are many types of roller blinds, including blockout, light filter, sunscreen, and bonded blinds. In general, these window treatments are used to protect from extreme sunlight.
Pros of Roller Blinds
- Roller blinds allow you to control light by adjusting the amount coming through the window.
- Roller blinds are generally cheaper options compared to other window treatments.
- Easy to clean; use a clean rag to wipe them down.
- For safety purposes, cordless blinds are also an option.
Cons of Roller Blinds
- Roller blinds are not as sturdy as other window coverings.
- Roller blinds can quickly accumulate dust, requiring constant cleaning.
- The cords of roller blinds may pose a hazard to children and pets.
Another name for roller blinds is roller shades. As the name suggests roller shades provide shade from the sun and are attached to a roller. Modern designs include translucent material to allow some light in, while still providing both shade and privacy.
Pros of Roller Shades
- Stylish appearance and comes in a variety of colours.
- Ideal for blocking or diffusing light.
- Roller shades are highly durable and capable of lasting for years.
Cons of Roller Shades
- Roller shades are susceptible to mould growth, which is not ideal for kitchens and bathrooms. You may need to clean them frequently to avoid mould.
- Roller shades are unable to regulate temperatures.
Roller shutters are growing in popularity in Australia, and it’s easy to see why.
Possessing both style and practicality, roller shutters can improve the general look of your property while providing shade and privacy. Roller shutters have an insulating feature that helps regulate temperature, especially during hot days.
But besides the comfort and privacy, the ultimate benefit of roller shutters that blinds and shades can’t give is security. Since shutters are built using aluminium, they can keep intruders out of your property.
Pros of Roller Shutters
- Roller shutters are incredibly durable. Made of tough materials like aluminium, roller shutters can resist many types of damage, such as dents.
- Roller shutters can deter intruders who might force their way into your property.
- Roller shutters allow you to control the amount of light coming into the space and regulate temperature with their insulators.
- Provides excellent privacy and a level of soundproofing.
- Ideal for commercial and household purposes.
- Can be equipped with a motor for efficient operation.
Cons of Roller Shutters
- Roller shutters require some cleaning and maintenance to stay in top shape.
- The investment is greater than fabric rollers shades and roller blinds.
The Best Roller Shutters in Australia
If roller shutters interest you the most among all the mentioned window treatments, consider getting yours from QLD Roller Shutters. Made with high-grade materials, their roller shutters are above the industry standard and can serve you well into the future..Visit https://www.qldrollershutters.com.au/contact-us/ for enquiries.